HOME STUDIO ARTISTS CAN NOW APPLY FOR A TEMPORARY USE PERMIT (TUP) THROUGH THE RESORT MUNICIPALITY OF WHISTLER
Frequently Asked Questions:
Who needs a TUP?
- If you want to sell your original artwork from your home studio
- If you want to take part in future studio tours
- If you do not want to invite the public to visit and purchase work from your studio, you do not require a TUP
- Welcome visitors to your home studio to view and legally purchase your original work
- Expand your customer base and deepen your relationship with customers by inviting them to your studio
What do you need before applying for an RMOW TUP?
- An RMOW business license
- A home studio in existence prior to November 2015
What’s required in the RMOW’s two-step application process?:
Step One: Contact Arts Whistler
- Photos of your work will be reviewed by an independent jury made up of previously juried working artists to ensure authenticity of the work you intend to sell. Once reviewed, qualifying artists are provided a letter of endorsement from Arts Whistler that is required for Step Two
- Applications are accepted anytime. Jury reviews will occur twice a year in May and November. To find out more about the jurying process, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Step Two: Submit full application to the RMOW
- Applications must be accompanied by jury endorsement
- RMOW staff will issue final consideration of your application within 6-8 weeks
How much will it cost?
- The RMOW fee is $600 for a three year permit, which can be paid in three annual installments of $200 each.
- You will also need an RMOW business license.
How will potential visitors find out about your studio?
- Mobile friendly, digital map of home studios for on-line access through artswhistler.com/explore
- Print and digital promotion of self-guided tours (year-round)
- Your own advertising and social media
- Permitted on-site signage
RMOW – email@example.com | 604.935.8170
Arts Whistler – firstname.lastname@example.org | 604.935.8410