Tips for Building Yourself an Incredible Cornucopia
Cultivate passion, open wide and let your tastebuds run wild!
Cornucopia, Whistler’s celebration of food and drink returns for 11 days this November and beckons you to embrace your palate alongside global tastemakers. With over 100 food and drink events, it can be just a tad overwhelming. Don’t worry, Whistler is full of seasoned pros that have eaten and drank their way around this festival each year since it’s inception. So, here’s some sage advice to consider:
- Make your PLAN in advance – visit whistlercornucopia.com and check out the schedule. Narrow down your choices and make a strategy. Like a fine wine, you need BALANCE. A tasting here, a luncheon there with a smattering of seminars and a dash of dinner. Oh, and don’t forget the ultimate nightcap- one of the amazing after-parties!
- Crush EARLY Entry – If you opt for an early entry ticket, you can be amongst the first to access and the Grand Tasting room and get extra time to sample wines from around the globe. This is a must-attend event and with over 70 wineries in one place, each pouring their best bottles to showcase them. More time on the clock means more wines to discover!
- Get VALUE – Whistler.com offers value packages that let you combine your CRUSH and Cellar Door tickets in one – with accommodation! Cellar Door is a tasting event that only pops the best bottles, with rare and difficult to find bottles to try AND to purchase. Winning!
- Book NOW – Don’t miss out on the most popular events because of that little demon called ‘procrastination’. When Chefs from some of the most renowned restaurants prepare multi-course luncheons in an intimate space, there are only so many place settings and these things sell out. If there’s something you would like to attend, grab your tickets ASAP.
- SORT it out – There are a vast amount of seminars, so the best way to figure out what you can and will attend is to check out the online schedule and sort it so you can only see seminars with the topic and time at a glance. From there, make your plan, create your strategy and prepare your liver.
Cornucopia Whistler is where the wild meets the refined and the epic and epicurious come together. No matter which one you are, and no matter what kind of Cornucopia you are hoping to experience, follow this advice and you’ll be tasting your way around one of the best events of the year without missing one drop. Don’t follow our advice and the bitter taste of FOMO might be yours to savour. Just sayin’
(Images via Tourism Whistler)