It is designed for adults and is best played as a competition. Perfect for housemates
This Scavenger Hunt has three sections. We recommend completing the FIND stage before moving onto section SOLVE and PLAY.
Successful hunters will win points throughout the game. You can follow our points guide for at-home prizes or come up with your own!
- FIND the items on the list to earn points – take a picture with your phone of yourself beside the item so your points can be counted when competitors come together at the end of the hunt.
- SOLVE riddles that lead to playful challenges and more opportunities to earn points.
- PLAY out your challenges with enthusiasm – get creative and earn scavenger hunt bragging rights!
Depending on the number of people in your home, you can compete as individuals or in teams. You can also work collaboratively to see how many points you rack up as one big team and challenge your friend’s household to the ultimate virtual scavenger hunt.
Remember winners #stayhome.
10-25 POINTS: You must each clean one room in the house.
25-50 POINTS: Choose the streaming program of the day.
51-75 POINTS: Celebrate with a special treat! Break out what you’ve been saving – a favourite candy, wine, aged cheese or whatever you fancy and have in the house.
75+ POINTS: Order pizza to celebrate your skills, then have an isolation pizza party. Slip into your best sweatpants, get that music blasting and shake it!*
*Recommendation: Have your pizza party at 7pm so you can make noise for all the essential workers!
SECTION 1 – FIND the items on the list to earn points.
Take a picture with your phone of yourself beside the item so your points can be counted when competitors come together at the end of the hunt.
Each item on the list below will earn you points. Allow for 20 minutes to find these items then move onto the next section of the hunt.
Things you may find in your Sea to Sky home:
|· Shot Ski
· Just a shot glass
|· Do a shot – extra 5 points.
· Do a shot – extra 5 points.
|· Lift Passes||1||· 1 point each.
· 1 extra point for every year prior to 2019/2020.
Look for artwork or home furniture that depict:
|· Maple leaf||1|
|· Fireplace||2||· 1 extra point if it’s log burning.|
|· Easel or currently set up artwork area||2||· 2 extra points if you are currently working on a piece of art.
· 1 extra point if the art features any of the animals listed above.
|· Bong||1||· Product test bong for 3 extra points.|
|· Hockey Stick||5||· 1 extra point if being used for social distancing.|
|· Ice Skates||2|
|· Downhill Skis||1||· 2 extra points for cross country skis.
· 5 extra points for Nordic/telemark skis.
· 5 extra points for skis so old they’re up on your wall as artwork.
|· Snowboard||1||· 2 extra points if it’s a split board.|
|· Ski or snowboard customized with your own art||10|
|· Kayak||1||· 3 extra points if you sit in it and sing Row-Row-Row Your Boat. Post it to Instagram and tag @artswhistler for 5 more points.|
|· Mountain bike||1||· 2 extra points for longest track stand! Post it to Instagram and tag @artswhistler for 5 more points.|
SECTIONS 2 – SOLVE riddles that lead to playful challenges
and 3 – PLAY out your challenges with enthusiasm.
The first riddle will be read by the hunt leader/organiser.
RIDDLE #1: I am something that has not flesh, nor feathers, nor scales, nor bone. Yet I have fingers and thumbs of my own. What am I? When you figure this out, go find me. You’ll need me for the following challenge. [Winner gets 2 points]
*answer at bottom.
CHALLENGE #1: FLIP CUP
Play flip cup wearing the answer to Riddle #1 – Watch YouTube tutorial or read the instructions below:
Flip Cup Setup:
- Pick teams: Flip cup is usually played with a group of people. Split your group into even teams. If you have an odd number of players, that’s ok! Choose someone on the team with fewer players to drink twice.
- Set up your cups: Pour your desired amount of beer into each cup – make sure each teams pours the same amount. Then line up the cups for each team along opposite sides of a table – place your cup on the table in front of you.
Flip Cup Gameplay:
- Flip cup starts with the first people on each team chugging their beer, placing the empty cup back on the edge of the table (top down) and using their hand to flip the cup completely upside down (see diagram below).
Once the first player has successfully “flipped” their cup, the next player will play their turn by chugging, then flipping and so on. The team to flip their solo cups the fastest wins!
CHALLENGE #2: THE CHOCOLATE GAME
You will need the gloves or mittens from Riddle #1, a knife and fork each, a chocolate bar in its wrapper and two game dice.
- Roll the two dice once each taking turns in a clockwise direction.
- When someone rolls a double, put on the gloves and try to open the chocolate bar then eat it square by square only using the knife and fork.
- Continue to eat until another player rolls a double. At this point the new ‘winner’ puts on the gloves or mittens and starts to eat the chocolate with the knife and fork, and so on.
- Whoever eats the last piece of chocolate wins! [Winner gets 2 points]
CHALLENGE #3: CHARADES
- Write at least 20 of the ideas below each on a small piece of paper, then put them in a hat or a bowl. Pull one clue as each person takes their turn.
- Each person has 30 seconds to act out as many clues as possible (handy tip: set a 30-second countdown timer on your phone).
- The “actor” gets 1 point for each clue that is guessed correctly by their team, as does the person who guessed the clue.
- Once the actor’s 30-seconds is up move on to the next person in your team.
|Up||Dance, Dance (Fall Out Boy)||Les Miserable||Catch-22|
|Fight Club||Right Now (One Direction)||Macbeth||Harry Potter|
|Jaws||Side To Side (Ariana Grande)||Hamilton||The Red And The Black|
|Back To The Future||Don’t Look Back In Anger (Oasis)||Hairspray||The Hunger Games|
|Home Alone||Dancing Queen (Abba)||All About The Moose||Nineteen Eighty-Four|
|2 Guns||My Hero (Foo Fighters)||Death Of A Salesman||Frankenstein|
|The Lord Of The Rings||Umbrella (Rihanna)||The Book Of Mormon||The Lord Of The Rings|
|Jurassic Park||Eye Of The Tiger (Survivor)||Mamma Mia!||Little Women|
|Man Of Steel||Jumpman (Drake)||Phantom Of The Opera||The Scarlett Letter|
|The Hunchback Of Notre Dame||Hello (Adele)||Taming Of The Shrew||The Rainbow|
|Star Wars||Roses (The Chainsmokers)||Annie||Dracula|
|Cars||My House (Flo Rida)||Singin’ In The Rain||The Woman In White|
|The Jungle Book||Happy Birthday||The Sound Of Music||Money|
|Seven||Under Pressure (Queen)||Hair||The Big Sleep|
Harder clues for charades experts. . .
|Honey, I Shrunk The Kids||Perfect (Ed Sheeran)||Men Without Women|
|Inception||Take Me To Church (Hozier)||Pride And Prejudice|
|Saving Private Ryan||Complicated (Avril Lavigne)||The Adventures Of Huckleberry Finn|
|The Terminator||Particles (Nothing But Thieves)||The BFG|
|On The Waterfront||Stay With Me (Sam Smith)||Wuthering Heights|
|Once Upon A Time In America||I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor (Arctic Monkeys)||Ulysses|
|Vertigo||Lived A Lie (You Me At Six)||The Davinci Code|
|Alice In Wonderland||Total Eclipse Of The Heart (Bonnie Tyler)||The Divine Comedy|
|The Hobbit||Hooked On A Feeling (Blue Swede)|
|Ratatouille||Boneless (Steve Aoki)|
|American Beauty||Scar Tissue (Red Hot Chili Peppers)|
|The Dark Knight Rises||Radioactive (Imagine Dragons)|
|Brave||You Shook Me All Night Long (AC/DC)|
|The Shining||Tribute (Tenacious D)|
|Forrest Gump||Dance, Dance (Fall Out Boy)|
|Right Now (One Direction)|
RIDDLE #2 (FINAL CLUE):
It’s probably about time for your third après of the day – so let’s wrap this up!
Where is the beer kept? First person to get there gets the first beer.
THE END! Now, add up your scores over a tasty beverage.
- RIDDLE #1 – gloves/mittens.
- RIDDLE #2 – fridge (will also accept snowbank on the patio).
Video your challenges and post them on Instagram!
#artswhislter #winnersstayhome #scavengerhuntparty
Want to play with the whole family?
(Images purchased by Arts Whistler.)