AMBASSADORS OPENING RECEPTION
Highlighting the strong connection between our cultures, our centre, and each other.
Friday, September 27, 2pm – 4pm
AMBASSADORS, the first exhibition of its kind at the Squamish Lil’wat Cultural Centre, celebrates the staff family and faces of the Cultural Centre while highlighting their strong sense of connection to their land, their cultures, and each other. Visitors to the Cultural Centre will learn about our Ambassadors’ deeply-rooted connections to our immersive cultural centre, and the passion they share in belonging to Sḵwx̱wú7mesh Lil’wat7ul.
- SLCC Cultural Ambassadors Welcome Song at 2pm, followed by an Exhibit introduction by Curator Mixalhítsa7 Alison Pascal.
- Visitors are invited to share their stories at an interactive portrait station.
- Included in Museum Admission. Light refreshments served.
- Optional guided tours of the exhibit offered throughout the reception.
- Regular hourly guided tours offered on the hour, every hour.
AMBASSADORS EXHIBIT: On display in Gallery 3 from September 27, 2019 through to March 2020. Find out more about the exhibit.