67 Pottery Rd
ON M4K 2B9
Important: All members and non-members submitting work for jurying or for SCA exhibitions, please note that: Entries must not be copies, derivatives, or based in any way on other artists’paintings, photographs, copyrighted or not, or other artistic work. Any infraction of this rule will result in serious consequences, for members it will result in but will not be limited to expulsion from the SCA. Non-members will be barred from all SCA exhibitions, and entry fees will be forfeited.
Entry Fee: $40.00 (SCA members & associates) and $50.00 (Non-members) (non refundable) by PayPal or make cheque payable to “The Society of Canadian Artists”.
Insurance: Artists are encouraged to have their own insurance as the host venue or the SCA are not responsible for loss or damage of artwork for the duration of the exhibit.
Conditions of Entry
- The Exhibition is open to all artists, whether or not SCA members, creating original artwork in all traditional media including painting, drawing, printmaking, sculpture and photography. They must be entirely the work of the entrant, executed without the supervision of an instructor, and within 3 years of the entry deadline. Work must not have been previously exhibited in an SCA exhibition.
- All works must be suitably framed or prepared with instructions for the installation of three-dimensional work. Two-dimensional work must be wired and ready for hanging. Stretchers used for gallery canvases must be a minimum of 1.5 inches in depth with visible edges being finished.
- Artists are invited to submit works in any size up to and not exceeding 60” framed on the longest side or unframed if presented on gallery-wrap canvas. Shipped artwork must arrive at the designated location via UPS, FedEx, Purolator or equivalent (not Canada Post) in sturdy box suitable for return shipment after close of show. Instructions provided to accepted artists.
- The artist by submission grants the Papermill Gallery and the SCA the right to photograph accepted work for publicity, educational, references and website purposes.
- All artwork must be for sale, priced in Canadian funds with the intent to sell. The SCA retains a 30% commission on all sales. All prices must include this and GST if charged by the artist.
- Antoinette Stevens’ Award for Best in Show, Medallion and $1,000.
- Antoinette Stevens’ Award for Best Acrylic Painting $500.
- 2 SCA Awards of Excellence $1,000. and $500.
- Duggan Canadian Landscape Award $1,000.
- 2 additional Awards of Merit of $250. ea.
- Anik Glaude, Curator, Varley Art Gallery of Markham, ON
- Anne Launcelott SCA, Fine Art Photographer
- Shannon Bingeman, BA Hon., MA, Curator, Alberta Foundation for the Arts Travelling Program
SCA members are permitted to submit up to 2 pieces of artwork for one $40.00 submission fee. Non-members may submit up to 2 pieces of artwork for one $50.00 Submission fee. Please submit your digital images on our website and then proceed to pay the appropriate fee by PayPal via the link provided. Make sure your payment has your name listed so we know who the fee is for. If you need to pay by cheque, there is a link for that as well.
Before proceeding to upload your images to the online system, save your images as a JPEG (PC or MAC compatible) using the following convention:
Your name1_image title_year created.jpg
Your name2_image title_year created.jpg
Only the image of your artwork should show (no frames or extraneous backgrounds). File should be sized at 72dpi, min.1000pix wide or tall, file minimum 500KB, not to exceed 2MB. Direct any questions to Cher Pruys at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 807-486-3613. If you are paying by cheque, issue to SCA and then mail to Cher Pruys, 2306 Pruys Road, RR2, Devlin, ON P0W 1C0.
Accepted artworks may either be hand-delivered to the gallery or shipped to shipping agent Gallery Express in Toronto (instructions will be included with email/letter of acceptance).
NOTE to all participants : If you have been accepted into 3 Open Juried Exhibitions within a 5 year period, you can apply for SCA Elected Membership. Acceptance into online shows does not qualify. Please contact David Harrison at email@example.com for further information.
Entry form for SCA & Associates $40 (Paypal):
Entry form for Non-members $50 (Paypal):
Entry form for SCA & Associates $40 (Cheque):
Entry form for Non-members $50 (Cheque):
We look forward to receiving your submissions!
- June 7, 2019 Latest date entries must arrive by midnight (images, fees) (no exceptions)
- June 21, 2019 Notification by email
- July 26, 2019 Shipped work to arrive at Gallery Express, Toronto
- July 29, 2019 Hand-deliveries to Papermill Gallery, 12:30 to 4:00pm
- August 1, 2019 Official Opening and Awards Presentation, Thursday evening 7:00 to 9:00pm
- August 26, 2019 Exhibition is closed, pickup of hand-delivered work 9:30am to 12:00pm
Gallery Express will return ship artwork within 2 weeks of show closing