About the Member Group Grant Program
Funding is available to groups or organizations who are members of Arts Whistler with arts and culture projects comparable to the goals and mandate of Arts Whistler. Priority will be given to established non-profit societies, but unincorporated groups may apply. Arts Whistler will provide funds to pay specific expenses for approved projects.
Average grants range from $400 to $1,000 per group depending on the number of applications received.
Past recipients include: Whistler Writers Festival, The Point Artist-run Centre, Whistler Secondary School Drama Club, Whistler Pottery Club, Whistler Valley Quilters Guild, Whistler Children’s Chorus and more.
- Applicants must be current members of Arts Whistler as a group.
- Priority will be given to established societies but unincorporated groups may apply.
- Funding is available to members with arts and culture projects comparable to the goals and mandate of Arts Whistler.
- Arts Whistler will provide funds to pay specific expenses for projects. Funds are not given directly to the member group. Projects eligible for funding include: professional development workshops for amateur or professional writers/artists/performers; assistance with programming/productions in the performing or literary arts; art exhibitions; purchase of sheet music; project related costs (venue/equipment rental, artist/director/facilitator fees, etc.)
- Funding is not available for: general operating expenses; deficits; capital or equipment purchases. Funding is also not available for library stock (books, CD’s, videos) or school art supplies (although schools/libraries may apply for a specific project where the member group grant pays specific artist fees).
The Application Process
Applications are juried annually in the fall and approved projects must occur between January 1 – December 31 of the following fiscal year.
2017 – Member Group Grant – Applications now being accepted.
Successful recipients of the 2016 Member Group Grant must complete a final report prior to submitting a new application for 2017 projects.
After a grant has been approved:
- Successful applicants must submit invoices directly to Arts Whistler, made out to our registered name ‘Whistler Arts Council’. The invoices must not exceed the approved amount agreed.
- Arts Whistler will pay invoices directly to the supplier for services indicated on the invoices submitted.
Arts Whistler expects the following from grant recipients:
- Approval from the Arts Whistler before any alterations to the project scope
- Proper fiscal management
- Thorough and well-planned project evaluation
- Final report (financial and descriptive) submitted within the same fiscal year the grant was issued.
- Public recognition of the support received as required by Arts Whistler
Please contact Mandy Rousseau, Arts Whistler’s Development Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604.935.8414 with any questions.