CALL FOR ARTISTS: Anonymous Art Show
We’re bringing back the Anonymous Art Show fundraiser in 2019 and we’d love you to take part!
Thanks to the talent and contribution of local artists and art buyers, last year’s debut event netted $11,000 toward the Arts and Culture Endowment Fund, which funds Arts Whistler’s student art awards, bursaries and member group grants.
• Timing: Artwork must be complete and dropped off no later than March 1, 2019. Artwork can be dropped off at the Maury Young Arts Centre (4335 Blackcomb Way) between 10am and 5pm daily.
• Work must be 8 x 8 inches. No hanging hardware is required.
• Canvas depth must be 1/2 inch or more. Please NO tiles.
• Most mediums are acceptable as long as they meet the size criteria – we cannot accept anything that will not hang on the wall.
• Each artist can submit a maximum of four (4) pieces – Arts Whistler will exhibit at least one (1) of each artist’s pieces. No series please. The number of pieces displayed depends on the total number of submissions.
• Mailed work must be received by Arts Whistler by March 1, 2019.
• Artist name must be on the BACK of the canvas. Each artist is revealed when your piece comes off the wall. Please DO NOT sign the front of your piece(s).
• Artists are encouraged to name each piece. Please write the name of the piece on the back of the canvas. Untitled pieces will be displayed as “Untitled”.
Artist payment and recognition:
• Each artist may choose to received $25 per piece sold, with the remainder of revenue contributed to the fundraiser. If you would prefer to donate the total amount, Arts Whistler will issue you a charitable tax receipt for $25.
• Artists will be promoted through the online gallery and in the program guide with bios and web links to their sites (where applicable).
• Participating artists are invited to the Sneak Peek Party on April 2, which includes appetizers and a complimentary drink.
• Participating artists also receive a complimentary one-year Arts Whistler membership.
• At the Anonymous Show on April 5, Art will be sold in four tiers that determine the order in which buyers get to select their art:
TOP TEN (New in 2019!) – $250 | (be one of the first 10 people to choose)
– $150 | (up to 50 spots available)
– $100 | (up to 50 spots available)
– $50 | (up to 100 spots available)
• Event Entry – $20 (Everyone needs a $20 entry fee to attend the buying night reception on April 5. Your entry includes a glass of bubbly and delicious appetizers)
Pick up a canvas at Arts Whistler
• 8 x 8 x 1.5 inch canvases and wood panels are available for purchase at the front desk at Arts Whistler for $5.
Photographers – You’re invited too!
Pick up a wrapped canvas from Arts Whistler and Cutting Edge Signs will digitally print your photographic work onto canvas for only $20. Thanks Cutting Edge!
Where the proceeds are going this year:
The Anonymous Art Show 2019 is a fundraiser for Arts Whistler’s community programming, providing year-round programs and workshops for children, youth and adults, taught by professional local artists and artisans. These programs help foster Whistler’s arts and culture scene by supporting the artists we love to love and providing opportunities for the community to explore their creative potential.
• Deadline to drop off art: March 1, 2019
• Deadline to submit the participation form (link below): March 1, 2019
• Sneak Peek Party: April 2 | 7-10pm | FREE | Maury Young Arts Centre
This is a sneak peek ONLY, no art purchases until April 5.
• Anonymous Art Show: April 5 | 6-11pm | $20 Entry | Maury Young Arts Centre
Event tickets, as well as art-buying tier tickets, are available for purchase online as of February 15, 2019.
Please direct questions to Senior Programmer, Charmaine Carpenter at email@example.com