4335 Blackcomb Way
Be Part of the Anonymous Art Show 2021!
Get your creative on and become an artist in the most adrenaline-fueled art event of the year! The Anonymous Art Show returns to the Maury Young Arts Centre on September 17, 2021.
This fan-favourite event is a fundraiser for Arts Whistler, with this year’s event proceeds going toward accessible and diverse community art programs – to support artists like you!
How do you get your art in the show?
Once your artwork is complete, you must fill in the registration form online or at the front desk at Arts Whistler when you are dropping off your artwork. Artwork drop off and registration form completion are due by end of day on August 6, 2021. If the online form is not completed before drop-off, the artwork will be refused.
Your online registration form requires artist bio, artwork info and relevant social media handle(s). This information will be used in the printed program for the show and to help promote you and your work!
- Work must be 8 x 8 inches. No hanging hardware is required for canvas or cradled wood panels; if your artwork has a flat back surface (such as a block of wood), please attach hanging hardware.
- Canvas depth must be 1/2 inch or more. Please NO tiles.
- Most mediums are acceptable as long as they meet the size criteria – we cannot accept anything that will not hang on the wall. We cannot accept work that exceeds or is smaller than the 8” x 8” size requirement.
- Artists must be 13 year or older.
- Each artist can submit a maximum of two (2) pieces – Arts Whistler will exhibit at least one (1) of each artist’s pieces. No series work please, pieces will be hung randomly throughout the gallery. The number of pieces displayed from each artist will depend on the total number of submissions.
- Mailed work must be received by Arts Whistler by August 6, 2021.
- Artist name must be written clearly on the BACK of the canvas. Artist names are revealed when your piece comes off the wall. Please DO NOT sign the front of your piece(s). Pieces that are signed on the front may not be accepted.
- Artists are encouraged to title each piece. Please write the title of the piece on the back of the artwork with your name. Untitled works will be referred to as “Untitled” in print.
- Artwork will be accepted from locations far and wide, no need to be a Sea to Sky resident for this show.
What Do Artists Get for Participating?
- Participating artists receive a complimentary one-year Arts Whistler membership ($30 value).
- Each artist may choose to receive $25 per piece sold, with the remainder of revenue contributed to the fundraiser. Or, if you would prefer to donate the total amount, Arts Whistler will issue you a charitable tax receipt for $25 per piece sold.
- Artists will be promoted through the online gallery and in the program guide with bios and web links to their sites (where applicable).
Pick up a canvas at Arts Whistler! Use your own canvas or pick one up from us. Arts Whistler will have a limited number of 8 x 8 x 1.5 inch canvases and wood panels available for purchase at the front desk at Arts Whistler for $6
*Canvases available from the beginning of June 2021 until sold out. Limit 2 per customer.
Photographers – You’re invited too!
Pick up a wrapped gallery canvas and Cutting Edge Signs will digitally print your photographic work onto canvas at very affordable prices. Thanks Cutting Edge! SUPPORT LOCAL.
REMEMBER: Keep your art piece a secret – it’s an Anonymous Art Show after all!
• Deadline to drop off art: August 6, 2021
• Deadline to submit the participation form: August 6, 2021
• Exhibit open for public viewing: August 28 – October 31, 2021
• Anonymous Art Show: September 17 | 7-10pm | Ticketed | ONLINE
New to Arts Whistler’s Anonymous Art show?
In 2020 we had 333 pieces of art created by 200+ artists!