CALL FOR MUSICIANS: Raising Our Voices – A Celebration of International Women’s Day
Celebrate International Women’s Day by performing in front of a generous and appreciative audience!
On Friday March 8, the Howe Sound Women’s Centre (HSWC) and Arts Whistler are hosting the 5th annual Raising Our Voices – A Celebration of International Women’s Day, a fundraiser for HSWC at the Maury Young Arts Centre. The evening provides performance opportunities for female musicians of varying styles, abilities and age.
– The event is on Friday March 8, from 5 to 10pm.
– There will be a dress/tech rehearsal on Thursday March 7 at the Maury Young Arts Centre, in the theatre from 5-10pm and all those selected to perform are strongly encouraged to attend.
It is our sincerest hope to get all interested performers on stage.
– All performers are providing their performance as a volunteer for the HSWC fundraiser. There is no financial compensation for your performance.
– All types of musical performances are welcome.
– All performers need to be able to deliver 1-3 songs smoothly for the audience. Performance slots will be between 5-15 minutes, with quick turnover between performers.
– Arts Whistler will be providing stage and sound support and you will only need yourself and your instrument.
The performer list will be complete and distributed by February 18 and those scheduled to perform will be notified on that date.
Please be in touch with Susan Holden at email@example.com if you have any questions or wish to learn more about this performance opportunity.