98 Rockwell Dr
Harrison Hot Springs
BC V0M 1K0
Kickstart Disability Arts and Culture
Jun. 1, 2019
CALL FOR ARTISTS DESCRIPTION:
Kickstart Disability Arts & Culture is seeking visual artists who live and reside in BC and identify as living with a disability, for the possible inclusion in Nothing Without Us, a group visual art exhibition. The exhibition is in September 2019 and will take place at the Ranger Station Art Gallery in Harrison Hot Springs, BC.
Kickstart is a Vancouver-based registered charitable non-profit society, founded in 1998, with a mandate to support and promote artists that identify as living with a disability. We do this by presenting professional work by artists to public audiences, raising public awareness of their contribution to the arts, and paying the artists for their work. Our projects present authentic interpretations of the disability experience from the perspective of persons who live with disabilities.
Applications must include:
- Name, address, phone, email, website
- A resume, or biography
- A short statement about the show name, Nothing Without Us
- Up to 8 images of your artwork that would be available for exhibition.
- A list of artworks you have sent us including the title, size, and medium.
Deadline for submissions is June 1, 2019
Artists will be notified about the selection results by June 30, 2019. All mediums will be considered.
It is FREE to apply!
Yuri Arajs is the Artistic Director at Kickstart who brings over 20 years experience being an artist, gallerist, and curator.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Can be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please put “Nothing Without Us” in the subject line.
- Can be mailed to: Kickstart Disability Arts and Culture, PO Box 2749 Station Terminal, Vancouver, BC, V6B 3X2. Include a self addressed stamped envelope if you want your materials returned.
- Exhibiting artists will be paid a CARFAC minimum fee.
- Kickstart will take 20% commission on the sale of any artwork.
- Artworks do not have to be “for sale”.
Have any questions?
Contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone at 604-343-9141
Contact Name: Yuri Arajs
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: (604) 343-9141