11944 Haney Place
BC V2X 6G1
The ACT Art Gallery
May 24, 2019
CALL FOR ARTISTS DESCRIPTION:
The ACT Art Gallery is currently accepting submissions for its upcoming ceramics exhibition
CERAMICA BOTANICA. The exhibition will also feature new paintings on a botanical theme by
Maple Ridge artist, Tammy Routley.
This exhibition takes its cue from the arrival of spring, and the much-anticipated emergence of flowers, new leaves and shimmering grasses. Ceramic artists are invited to submit work inspired by either botanical forms or by the need to contain them in vessels or vases.
Submission Deadline: Friday, May 24 before midnight.
Notification of acceptance: Friday, May 31
Drop off of Art Work: Tuesday, June 11 from 9 am – noon (*)
Collection of artwork: Tuesday, July 30 from 9:30am-noon (*)
Exhibition dates: June 15 – July 27, 2019
Opening Reception: Saturday, June 15 from 2-pm
(*)alternate drop-off times may be possible
• Artwork will be juried but there is no fee to apply.
• The medium for the artwork(s) must be primarily ceramic
• There is no minimum/maximum size providing the work can be accommodated by the gallery
• If the artwork is made available for sale, the ACT Art Gallery retains a 30% commission)
• Where the artist submits vessels or vases artists must indicate on the application form whether flowers or greenery can be added for display purposes
• An artist statement introducing you as an artist and your method of working must be included in the application form. (no more than 250 words)
• Original artwork should not be included in the submission package.
• Please note that electronic submissions must be submitted using the online form, or on CD or USB – not by regular email
• Mail manual submissions to The ACT Art Gallery, 11944 Haney Place, Maple Ridge, BC V2X 6G1..
• In responding to this artist call you have implied permission for use of your images for exhibition publicity purposes.
• Visit the gallery’s website at https://www.theactmapleridge.org/gallery/artist-call/
For instructions on how to apply
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, visit the gallery’s website at https://www.theactmapleridge.org/gallery/artist-call/
Installation details for three-dimensional work should be included beforehand along with any specific requirements such as a covered case or plinth.
All work must be labeled with the artist’s name and title(s) that correspond to those given on the application form.
The gallery reserves the right to decline incomplete submissions.
Contact Name: Barbara Duncan
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: (604) 476-4240