National Film Board of Canada – Filmmaker Assistance Program – British Columbia & Yukon
April 15, 2021
CALL FOR ARTISTS DESCRIPTION:
The Filmmakers Assistance Program (FAP) offers developing independent filmmakers an opportunity to receive financial support for their productions. In addition to this support, the FAP also provides an ideal avenue for emerging filmmakers to develop a profile and relationship with the NFB.
Are you eligible?
- If you have received assistance from FAP in the past for a project you directed, you are not eligible to apply again.
- Applicants must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
- Applications will be accepted from BC and Yukon residents only.
- Applicants currently enrolled in a film school program are not eligible.
- Applications must be for films to be directed by an emerging filmmaker.
- A filmmaker who has made more than four films or video projects (not including student films) is not eligible.
- Films will be selected based on the production’s relevance to the NFB’s cultural and social objectives. You can find detailed information at: Directing with NFB
- Neither the Filmmaker nor the Production, as represented by any other party, is eligible for assistance or funding for any other cinematographic work at the NFB while a FAP Agreement is in effect.
- Documentaries, short dramas, animation, and experimental films are eligible under this program.