Deadline for entry is July 30th
We are looking for artists who are interested in showing their work at the Maury Young Arts Centre as part of three exhibits this fall in September, October and November. We are looking for artists to submit their work to be part of these group exhibitions and are proposing several theme ideas for the three shows.
The proposed themes are:
- On The High Seas – Ocean and pirate themed art work
- The Great White North – Mountain Culture, all things Canada and winter; skiing and snowboarding, snowy landscapes, Cabins, Canadiana, hockey…
- See you in Hell – Interpretations of the afterlife
- Canada 150 – Open interpretation
- Bursting the Bubble – Art work that you wouldn’t typically associated with Whistler
- Robots and Unicorns – pop culture exhibition
- Yard Sale – Out with the old and in with the newHeld in November before the Holiday season – Artists would be asked to create at least one piece each using found or recycled materials (think old paintings, furniture, bikes, skis, sculptures, clothing. The possibilities are endless). In addition to this they would also be able to submit any original art that they wish to sell at a discounted rate to clear out their studios and make space for new work.
Please sign up for as little or as many of them as you like, just make sure that you have or can create art work that fits within your selected themes. The themes that are found to be the most popular will go ahead. Artists will be contacted if their work is accepted.