Whistler Children’s Festival – Imagination Unplugged
This year as part of the Whistler Children’s Festival we will be featuring the artwork from kids who participated in Andrea’s Imagination Station workshops in The Gallery at the Maury Young Arts Centre.
But we want more creations from young Sea to Sky artists, 12 years and younger! These artworks will be included in the exhibit in a mosaic display.
Paint, draw, or make a collage – whatever inspires you! A favourite animal? A rocket ship? An abstract creation? Anything goes!
Any medium or subject matter will be accepted, BUT all artwork must be 8” x 10” or smaller completed on paper or cardstock. We can only accept one piece per community artist, and your masterpiece will be included in a mosaic display in our Gallery. 3D works that cannot hang on the wall will not be accepted.
APPLICATION FORM SUBMISSION – Sunday July 4 (or before)
ART WORK DROP OFF – Sunday July 4 (or before)
Front desk at Maury Young Arts Centre
4335 Blackcomb Way (across from the Brewhouse)
Please confirm our opening hours (https://artswhistler.com/contact-us) for drop off. If you cannot make these hours, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange another time for drop off. Late submissions will not be accepted.
When dropping off your artwork, please:
1) Write your first and last name and the title of the work on the back of each of your submissions.
2) Please protect you work! Wrap your work in paper or an envelope before you drop it off.
ART OPENING PARTY:
To be confirmed based on COVID regulations in July. More information to come as available.
July 15 – August 19
• Artists must be from the Sea to Sky Corridor – Bowen Island to Mount Currie.
• Artists must be 12 years of age or younger.
• Work cannot exceed 8” x 10”, but can be smaller. 3D work will not be accepted, unless it can hang on the wall.
• Artists must adhere to all deadlines and requirements listed above in order to participate.
• Most mediums are acceptable as long as they meet the size criteria and piece is completed on paper or cardstock.
• MAXIMUM 1 piece per artist
• This form must be submitted before artwork is dropped off. Front desk staff can refuse work if the form has not been received.
Thank you for your participating and we are looking forward to your creations!