2019 International Open Juried Online Exhibition
featured on the SCA Online Gallery societyofcanadianartists.com
March 15 to June 15, 2019
Important: All members and non-members submitting work for SCA exhibitions, please note that: Entries must not be copies or derivatives based in any way on other copyrighted or published paintings, photographs or other artistic work. Any infraction of this rule will result in serious consequences. For members it will result in but will not be limited to expulsion from the SCA. Non-members will be barred from all SCA exhibitions, and entry fees will be forfeited.
Please note NEW fee structure! Non-refundable Entry Fee: $50.00 CAN for non-members and $35.00 CAN for SCA Elected members & Associates by PayPal or make cheque payable to “The Society of Canadian Artists” and send to: Director of Exhibitions KARIN RICHTER, 156 Maitland Place NE, Calgary, AB T2A 5V5.
Conditions of Entry
- The Exhibition is open to all artists anywhere, whether or not SCA members, creating original artwork in 2 and 3-dimensional media. Art must be entirely the work of the entrant, executed without the supervision of an instructor, and within 3 years of the entry deadline. Work must not have been previously exhibited in an SCA exhibition.
- This is an online exhibition which means no shipping to a physical location is required for display. All selected works will be exhibited on the SCA on-line gallery for 3 months.
- There is no size limit for submittedartwork.
- The artist by submission grants the SCA the right to post the selected image(s) in the on-line exhibition and use the digital image(s) for publicity or educational purposes.
- Accepted artwork may be for sale or NFS (mark 0). In the event of a sale, the SCA charges a 20% commission which is taken off the artist’s stated retail price. Shipping to customer is the artist’s responsibility. The artist is notified of the sale and the purchaser’scontact information will be releasedas soon as payment has been processed.
- Best of Show: $2,000
- 2nd Prize $1,000
- 3rd Place $750
- 2 Honourable Mentions @ $250
- Helena Hadala, RCA, Calgary
- Natalie Hume, MA, PhD Candidate, Queen’s University, Major Exhibitions Manager, Gardiner Museum, Toronto
- Ron Hazell, SCA, CSPWC
Artists are invited to submit up to 3 pieces of original artwork produced within the last 3 years and never shown in an SCA exhibition, all for one submission fee of $50.00 CAN for non-members and $35.00 CAN for SCA Elected members & Associates.
Please submit your digital images on our website and proceed to pay the fee by PayPal via the link provided. Make sure your payment has your name listed so we know who the fee is for. If you need to pay by cheque, there is a link for that as well.
Instructions for payment by Pay Pal and submission form for your artwork will be available shortly.
- 2019 International Juried Online Exhibition – Paypal $35 CAN (SCA Elected Members & Associates)
- 2019 International Juried Online Exhibition – Cheque $35 CAN (SCA Elected Members & Associates)
- 2019 International Juried Online Exhibition – Paypal $50 CAN (Non-members)
- 2019 International Juried Online Exhibition – Cheque $50 CAN (Non-members)
- February 1, 2019 – Latest date entries must arrive by midnight(images and fee) (no exceptions)
- February 22, 2019 – Notification by email March 8, 2019 Notification of Award Recipients
- March 15, 2019 – Exhibition opens on SCA online gallery
- June 15, 2019 – Exhibition closes on SCA online gallery