Student Art Bursary
Arts Whistler is dedicated to making the arts accessible to all children and youth in our community. A modest bursary program is available to a student in any grade from schools in Whistler, Pemberton, or Mt. Currie. Bursaries are available for students who wish to further their studies in the visual, performing, literary, or media arts at a credible institution or from a recognized mentor or artist. Bursaries are typically $100-$200 and can contribute to tuition, accommodation, and travel costs associated with the studies.
Bursary applications will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Financial need of the applicant student or family. Families who are experiencing financial hardship will be given priority.
- Previous training or experience and accomplishment in the area of the art the student plans to pursue
- Credibility of the mentor artist, institute, school or program or the student is attending
Student Art Bursaries are now accepting applications on a year-round basis
Bursaries are available for courses or camps which take place at any time of year. Applications will be juried within 30 days of submission. Submissions may be emailed to email@example.com or sent to the Maury Young Arts Centre.
Eligible schools include:
- Myrtle Philip Community School
- Spring Creek Community School
- Whistler Secondary School
- Whistler Waldorf School
- Signal Hill Elementary School
- Pemberton Secondary
- École La Passerelle Whistler
- l’École de La Vallée de Pemberton
- Xit’olacw Community School