1208 Alpha Lake Road - unit #8
Get ready for the next season and create custom skirt – from drawing a pattern to finishing the garment – this is high level sewing!
About this Event
PREP DAY – Friday 6 PM to 9 PM:
– you will take each other measurments and learn how to create a pattern, you will count (really there is math involved) everything you need to draft the pattern
– we will talk about the design options, get to know each other and plan the weekend
DRAWING AND CUTTING DAY – Saturday 10 AM to 6 PM:
– from everything you learn last night you will now draft the raw pattern, learn how to adjust it, create your prefered skirt design
-you learn how to lay down the pattern and cut the fabric for Sunday sewing
SEWING DAY – Sunday 10 AM to 6 PM:
– you will sew the skirt, add finishing touches and details
– you will go home in a new skirt (well probably not because it will be snowing, but you could 😉
What do you get?
– pattern created to your body measurements
– all machines, tools, supplies you need
– unlimited attention – class for 6 people only!!
– skirt of your dreams
– good healthy snacks 🙂
What do you need to know?
– you need to know how to use sewing machine
– if you have no idea sign up for one of the Thursday evening SEWING 101 classes!!!
Fabric for the skirt
– we offer small selection of materials you are absolutely welcome to use, but if you have something special in mind, you should purchase the material
If you decide to purchase get about 3 metres of material – it is a lot – it gives you space for error.
If you want to make floor lenght skirt, get 4 metres
What to bring?
– fabric (if you decide to purchase your own)
– idea of your skirt design
– comfy clothes
– good spirit