11944 Haney Place
Maple Ridge, BC
The ACT Art Gallery
Oct. 15, 2019
CALL FOR ARTISTS DESCRIPTION:
The ACT Art Gallery invites BC artists working at all levels, and in all mediums, to submit for consideration a small collection of artwork (an ensemble) for this year’s Ensemble show. Now in its 9th year, the concept of this exhibition is to give each artist the opportunity to show a small collection of artworks that are related by one or several unifying elements such as theme, medium, size, etc. In addition, size specifications as outlined in the guidelines must be strictly observed.
There is a $25 non-refundable fee for each submission. This contribution supports the costs of appointing a jury and other incidental costs incurred in mounting the show.
Ensemble has proven to be a very popular exhibition with our visitors. The mounting of this exhibition always heralds the beginning of the winter season, with all the special celebrations that take place at this time of year. All artwork is for sale, so there are some good opportunities for sales.
Opening Reception: Saturday, November 2 from 2-4pm.
Submission Deadline: Tuesday, Oct 15 before midnight.
Notification of acceptance: Friday, October 18
Drop off of Art Work: Tuesday, October 29 from 9 am – noon
Collection of artwork: Friday, December 20 from 9:30am-noon or
Saturday, December 21 from 9:30 am – noon
• Mediums: Works are accepted in all art and craft mediums, with the exception of work that requires a
video monitor, projector or other electronic equipment.
• Number of works: minimum: three – maximum: seven
• All work must be for sale. (The ACT Art Gallery retains a 30% commission)
• Size: two-dimensional work – no longer than 14” on the longest side or plane (unframed)
• Three-dimensional work – no longer than 12” on the longest plane
• Two-dimensional artwork work should be suitably framed or otherwise prepared for gallery hanging.
Works that are not suitably prepared will be disqualified from the exhibition/sale at any time
• An artist statement introducing you as an artist and your method of working. (no more than 250 words)
• Original artwork should not be included in the submission package.
• Artwork must have been made within the last two years.
• Payment of $25 (Methods of payment are outlined in the link under “How to Apply.”
Installation details for three-dimensional work should be included beforehand along with any specific requirements such as a covered case or plinth.
All work must be labeled with the artist’s name and title(s) that correspond to those given on the application form.
The Gallery reserves the right to decline incomplete submissions.
HOW TO APPLY:
Application details are posted at The ACT Gallery’s website at https://theactmapleridge.org/ensemble.
Contact curator, Barbara Duncan at email@example.com or 604-476-4240.
Submission Package Check List:
A completed submission form
Images of work to be included in the exhibition should be provided on CD or Flashdrive (if you wish to have your CD or flash drive returned please provide a self-addressed envelope with postage)
Contact Name: Barbara Duncan
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: (604) 476-4240